    MySQL libraries on this new machine?

    Thank you very much.

    , Jan 20, 2005

  2. CBFalconer Guest

    wrote:

    > I want to create a C application which reads/writes data from/to a
    > MySQL DataBase. I want to compile it on my Linux box, but I want it
    > to run on another machine.
    >
    > Which are the requirements on this new machine? Must I install the
    > MySQL libraries on this new machine?

    While google gives you easy access to usenet newsgroups, it doesn't
    seem to give you any idea of your own responsibilities. You should
    monitor a group for a period to see what is and is not acceptable
    on that group. In this case you would have found that c.l.c deals
    with the ISO standard C language, and not add-ons or extensions. I
    don't know what the right newsgroup is, but it probably has unix or
    sql in its name somewhere.

    I suggest you install a real newsreader on your machine, such as
    Netscape or Mozilla or Thunderbird, and then check the newsgroups
    available to you. This will also avoid the braindead google
    interface, mentioned in my sig below.

    CBFalconer, Jan 20, 2005