Creating a C application to be run on another machine

francescomoi

Hi.

I want to create a C application which reads/writes data from/to a
MySQL DataBase. I want to compile it on my Linux box, but I want it to
run on another machine.

Which are the requirements on this new machine? Must I install the
MySQL libraries on this new machine?

Thank you very much.

CBFalconer

I want to create a C application which reads/writes data from/to a
MySQL DataBase. I want to compile it on my Linux box, but I want it
to run on another machine.

Which are the requirements on this new machine? Must I install the
MySQL libraries on this new machine?

While google gives you easy access to usenet newsgroups, it doesn't
seem to give you any idea of your own responsibilities. You should
monitor a group for a period to see what is and is not acceptable
on that group. In this case you would have found that c.l.c deals
with the ISO standard C language, and not add-ons or extensions. I
don't know what the right newsgroup is, but it probably has unix or
sql in its name somewhere.

I suggest you install a real newsreader on your machine, such as
Netscape or Mozilla or Thunderbird, and then check the newsgroups
available to you. This will also avoid the braindead google
interface, mentioned in my sig below.