    control when it is closed?
    Any help would be highly appreciated..

    Thanks Mr. John Saunders for ur help with my posts earlier

    Faizan Ahmed, Dec 21, 2004

  2. "Faizan Ahmed" <> wrote in message
    news:eY%...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am developing a custom grid control. I want to add the filter feature in
    > the columns of the grid, lets say when the user clicks the column
    > header(or
    > any image on header) a new form pop-ups asking the user of the filtering
    > criteria.. when the user enters the criteria and press OK on the pop-up
    > form
    > the grid control should refresh itself to show only the filtered data.. I
    > know that its not a good practice to use Pop-ups in web forms but this is
    > must-have requirement. The problem i m facing is that, how can i embed a
    > web
    > form (that will pop-up) in a server control? i wonder if it is even
    > possible?? if it is not that how can i embed a window written in DHTML in
    > that control? and one more question, how will the pop-up window notify the
    > control when it is closed?
    > Any help would be highly appreciated..

    This is an area of JavaScript in which I am not an expert. Someone else may
    be able to point you to information on how to do pop-up windows in general,
    and how to make them work with .NET in particular.

    Note that one alternative to a pop-up window is to "pop up" a div from your
    same form. The div would start off as invisible, but when the header is
    clicked, you could make the div visible and make it float over the form.
    This div could contain the filter criteria and Close and OK buttons.
    Clicking OK could post the criteria back to the server.

    Again, I've never done this, but I've seen others talk about floating divs.
    I know of no reason that this div couldn't contain Label, TextBox, and
    Button controls.

    > Thanks Mr. John Saunders for ur help with my posts earlier

    You're welcome.

    John Saunders

    John Saunders, Dec 21, 2004