    utility to create a fresh provider files on the alternative DB ?

    Thanks,
    King

    King Coffee, Dec 1, 2009

  2. "King Coffee" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I created a MemberShip and Role provider link in the web.config file
    > to point to a server database. But when I initially used the WebSite
    > Administration Tool, it created the membership/role/profile providers
    > tables and stored procedures in an local file: ASPNETDB.MDF. How can I
    > recreate these database files in my server provider database.

    You can use the command line tool to create the tables.

    To link the website admin tool to the database, set up the proper
    connection string before running the tool again (just "correct" the
    connection string). If you do this, and did not run the command line tool,
    it should connect and create the tables anyway.

    A pain? Yes. The default wants to put things in SQL Express, even if you
    have another instance installed.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)