    the program is running) to a file?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    Miner Jeff, Apr 24, 2008

  2. Miner Jeff

    Christopher Guest

    On Apr 24, 10:36 am, Miner Jeff <> wrote:
    > Within a C++ program, how could I dump all the panel activity (while
    > the program is running) to a file?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeff

    Define "Panel activity"

    Christopher, Apr 24, 2008

  3. Miner Jeff

    Miner Jeff Guest

    On Apr 24, 11:20 am, Christopher <> wrote:
    > On Apr 24, 10:36 am, Miner Jeff <> wrote:
    >
    > > Within a C++ program, how could I dump all the panel activity (while
    > > the program is running) to a file?

    > > Thanks,

    > > Jeff

    > Define "Panel activity"

    I mean all the text that is written to the panel: operator prompts,
    entries by the operator, and results.

    Miner Jeff, Apr 24, 2008
  4. Miner Jeff

    Christopher Guest

    On Apr 24, 4:10 pm, Miner Jeff <> wrote:
    > On Apr 24, 11:20 am, Christopher <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Apr 24, 10:36 am, Miner Jeff <> wrote:

    > > > Within a C++ program, how could I dump all the panel activity (while
    > > > the program is running) to a file?

    > > > Thanks,

    > > > Jeff

    > > Define "Panel activity"

    > I mean all the text that is written to the panel: operator prompts,
    > entries by the operator, and results.

    You description is still pretty ambiguous.
    On one hand a "panel" could be some UI element of a particular
    application, on the other you might be referring to the text that
    appears in your console. In the former case, it depends on your UI
    library and is most likely something specific to your appliciation. In
    the latter case you can use pipes (at least in a *nix based system,
    not sure if the cmd window in Windows supports pipes). You can google
    "Piping IO". You could also, if your application is simple, copy
    everything that streams to cout, to an fstream.

    Christopher, Apr 24, 2008
  5. Miner Jeff

    Miner Jeff Guest

    On Apr 24, 5:16 pm, Christopher <> wrote:
    > On Apr 24, 4:10 pm, MinerJeff<> wrote:

    > > > Define "Panel activity"

    > > I mean all the text that is written to the panel: operator prompts,
    > > entries by the operator, and results.

    > You description is still pretty ambiguous.
    > On one hand a "panel" could be some UI element of a particular
    > application, on the other you might be referring to the text that
    > appears in your console. In the former case, it depends on your UI
    > library and is most likely something specific to your appliciation. In
    > the latter case you can use pipes (at least in a *nix based system,
    > not sure if the cmd window in Windows supports pipes). You can google
    > "Piping IO". You could also, if your application is simple, copy
    > everything that streams to cout, to an fstream.

    I had inherited the code and hadn't noticed that a logfile (containing
    the contents of the console) was already being created. Thanks for the
    input.

    Jeff

    Miner Jeff, May 14, 2008