Creating a "Web Application" in the IIS Docroot in VS

Guest

I'm not sure if the question belongs in one of the Visual Studio boards or here but it's like this

In Visual Studio.NET, if I want to create a Web Application, I seem to have to create it UNDER the IIS docroot as a Virtual Directory but not at the docroot itself. What if I want my application to be at the IIS Docroot so that the /bin directory and Global.asax, etc. are right under the docroot ("/"). How do I do this? Can I do this at all???

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Here's the information you requested on creating a web app in the web root:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303845

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP