Creating aspx pages on the fly

VB Programmer

My client wants to be able to have unlimited pages in his website and I'm
making an "admin interface" for him to add and remove pages. (He will use
Macromedia Contribute to modify the content of these new pages.) I would
use straight HTML pages, but I need to use the "Master Page" for the
aesthetics of the pages. I need the webapp to "recognize" these new aspx
pages (or that an aspx page has been deleted.)

Is it possible to programmatically create an aspx page on the fly?

Thanks!

Steve B.

don't create an aspx file on the fly, but create a page with placeholders
that will be filled at run time by other content (a file on the HD, content
in the db, etc...).
However, I don't know what contribute outputs. Maybe the tools is more
expensive to use that a simple form to input content, and some master pages
to create templates.

Steve

VB Programmer

Thanks. Contribute is basically an html editor. You can goto a website
(after you setup permissions) and click "edit website", edit it with a nice
WYSIWYG editor, then update the page easily. It's a great tool actually.

Your placeholder idea is interesting. Let me know if you have any more
ideas...

Thanks.

Edwin Knoppert

Is it possible to read asp.net controls from hd into such a placeholder.
Reason is that i want to prepare a home-brewed cms system and currently ses
html files.
I wonder if it's possible to stream in aspx files instead.

Personally i don't think it can work, asp.net requires prerenderingand
rendering and merging on the fly.. don't think so.
For the html par i obtain the html contents and thus remove the body and
html tags and such.
Simple.