Creating Clean URLs

Creative Acceleration

Hi all,

I need to convert the Query Strings into Clean URLs, Found some articles on
PHP and Apache server.. How do we it them with ASP ??

Thanks
Kart

Ken Schaefer

Because he wants a user to enter:
http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message/r/263138/p/577
and that will "automagically" be turned into:
http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message.asp?r=3263138&p=577
without the user knowing.

Cheers
Ken

: My mistake. Replace all ?, & and = with /.
:
:
: Max Payne wrote:
:
: | Why don't you just replace everything with and between ? and =, & and
: | = with / ?
: |
: |
: | Creative Acceleration wrote:
: |
: || instead of
: || http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message.asp?r=3263138&p=577 i need
: || http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message/r/263138/p/577
: ||
: || I am sure you might have noticed these kinds of URLs..
: || they are search engine friendly
:
:

Creative Acceleration

hey max,

yea, How will the server understand whatswhat ?

My main idea is to index all content insdie the database .. which Google
will not do .. i think Google can index only files that reside on the
server, and not dynamic pages that keep changing data from a databse ..

the reference from ASP101 by A Ratcliffe, is good. Jus going through it,
guess thats what i was looking for :] :]

Rgds
Kart