    PHP and Apache server.. How do we it them with ASP ??

    Thanks
    Kart

    Creative Acceleration, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Creative Acceleration

    Ray at Guest

    What do you mean? What's a clean URL?

    Ray at home

    --
    Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

    "Creative Acceleration" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need to convert the Query Strings into Clean URLs, Found some articles

    on

    Ray at, Aug 1, 2003

  3. hi

    instead of http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message.asp?r=3263138&p=577
    i need http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message/r/263138/p/577

    I am sure you might have noticed these kinds of URLs..
    they are search engine friendly

    Rgds
    Kart

    Creative Acceleration, Aug 1, 2003
  4. Creative Acceleration

    Max Payne Guest

    Max Payne, Aug 1, 2003
  5. Creative Acceleration

    Max Payne Guest

    Max Payne, Aug 1, 2003
  6. Creative Acceleration

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Because he wants a user to enter:
    http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message/r/263138/p/577
    and that will "automagically" be turned into:
    http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message.asp?r=3263138&p=577
    without the user knowing.

    Cheers
    Ken

    "Max Payne" <> wrote in message
    : My mistake. Replace all ?, & and = with /.
    :
    :
    : Max Payne wrote:
    :
    : | Why don't you just replace everything with and between ? and =, & and
    : | = with / ?
    : |
    : |
    : | Creative Acceleration wrote:
    : |
    : || instead of
    : || http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message.asp?r=3263138&p=577 i need
    : || http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message/r/263138/p/577
    : ||

    Ken Schaefer, Aug 1, 2003
  7. Creative Acceleration

    Max Payne Guest

    Max Payne, Aug 1, 2003
  8. hey max,

    yea, How will the server understand whatswhat ?

    My main idea is to index all content insdie the database .. which Google
    will not do .. i think Google can index only files that reside on the
    server, and not dynamic pages that keep changing data from a databse ..

    the reference from ASP101 by A Ratcliffe, is good. Jus going through it,
    guess thats what i was looking for :] :]

    Rgds
    Kart

    Creative Acceleration, Aug 4, 2003