Creating XML files with C++ & Xerces

iwoloschin

Hi,

I have a project that currently parses a database (MS Access) and
outputs both a binary file and a text file of the results. The binary
file is then read by another application, and the values stored in the
file are then used while running the application. The text file sits
around and is used by any programmers who wish to see what the binary
file contains (if they do not have access to the database for some
reason).

I'd like to turn this all into an XML solution, so the file can be
modified in the field by a human, by using Xerces to turn my C++ Struct
into an XML tree. From my research, I believe I can do this by using
the DOM API, as per the example programs in DOMPrint and
CreateDOMDocument. On the other end, the binary reading would be
changed to read everything into a DOM Structure, which would then be
converted back to the original C++ Structure.

Is this approach correct? If it is, is there anymore documentation to
be found other than the Xerces website? If it's not, can someone point
me in the right direction?

Thank you,
Ian