Credit card processing, how does one go about developing something like that for a website?

levon

How would you handle credit card validation in asp.net? Does ASP.NET
provide developers with functionality to process credit cards? Do we have
to use 3rd party software or service. If so how would it tie in with our
development. Is it done through webservices?

Can you recommend sites? .software. any info?

Thanks in advance.

Tony Bukres

How would you handle credit card validation in asp.net? Does ASP.NET
provide developers with functionality to process credit cards? Do we have
to use 3rd party software or service. If so how would it tie in with our
development. Is it done through webservices?

Every credit card processor has a different processing method. Usually it's
an http post with the info. A good credit card processor would have samples
in different scripting langauges. You can find one in asp.net. If not,
translate from another language or search the web for someone who
contributed their code. In general it's pretty simple to implement. See the
..NET Webclient class on how to http post.

Tony