crontab -e doesnt seem to work

mihirshirali

Hi,

I have been using crontab for a while now... but needed edit the
existing job in cron...
However heres the issue..
If I issue crontab -e, the temp file which allows the input doesnt
seem to be opening. Though crontab -l indicates the current job; the -
e option doesnt open the file

<snips>

crontab -l
00 20 * * * /auto/tftpboot-users/mshirali/MDDTS/query1.mshirali

However now crontab -e wont let me do any editing.. I see the
following when I issue it:
crontab -e
65

?

?
<snips>
Any help will be appreciated

Keith Keller

If I issue crontab -e, the temp file which allows the input doesnt
seem to be opening. Though crontab -l indicates the current job; the -
e option doesnt open the file

This is way offtopic for comp.lang.perl.misc. If this is linux, try one
of the linux newsgroups.

--keith