Cross Session Error? Session state and kernel-mode output caching don't mix

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jason, Aug 30, 2006.

  1. jason

    jason Guest

    hi experts,

    support.microsoft.com/kb/917072 and
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/06/07/WebAppFollies/

    As pointed out in these articles, users might get session variables belong
    to other user ?
    So ....Session state and kernel-mode output caching don't mix.

    Has this bug been fixed?

    Q1. Does this means that I can't use cookie to maintain session states, if I
    use page output cache?

    Q2. Method 1: Disable kernel mode caching ....

    "You'll still get the benefit of output caching, but because
    kernel-mode output caching is substantially faster than ordinary
    output caching, the caching won't be as effective .."

    Should or Should I not use output caching???

    Q3. Does this applies to Partial-Page Output Caching as well?
    jason, Aug 30, 2006