cross-thread violation on rb_thread_schedule()

ruby

Hi,

is the following message indicating some problem inside ruby?

$ irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'net/telnet'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> tn = Net::Telnet.new(
irb(main):003:1* 'Host' => '127.0.0.1',
irb(main):004:1* 'Port' => '10001'
irb(main):005:1> )
=> #<TCPSocket:0x6a9588>
irb(main):006:0> tn.recv(1024)
=> "READY\r\n"
irb(main):007:0> tn.recv(1024)
^C/usr/pkg/lib/ruby/1.8/irb.rb:66: [BUG] cross-thread violation on
rb_thread_schedule()
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [x86_64-netbsd]

[1] Abort trap (core dumped) irb
$

r.

nobuyoshi nakada

Hi,

At Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:46:23 +0900,
is the following message indicating some problem inside ruby?

Perhaps, yes.
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [x86_64-netbsd]

IA64 support has much improved after 1.8.2. Try recent versions.

ruby

Hi,

nobuyoshi said:
Hi,

At Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:46:23 +0900,
is the following message indicating some problem inside ruby?

Perhaps, yes.

ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [x86_64-netbsd]

IA64 support has much improved after 1.8.2. Try recent versions.

IMHO x86_64 is not the same as IA64, this is "just an ordinary Opteron".

I haven't had any problems with ruby on this machine so far and this
isn't a real problem either, but concluding from your message - should I
expect some with this ruby version and this architecture?

Thanks,

r.