CSS Div, 3 columns

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Troy, Dec 29, 2003.

  1. Troy

    Troy Guest

    Hi-

    I am replacing my framesets with DIVs so that google can cache it and I
    don't get a scroll bar in the middle of my site. I'd rather the whole thing
    scroll as one. So I have a classic 3 column layout with nav on the left,
    content in the center, and other stuff on the right. I've set it up and it
    looks great, except the right appears below the center column instead of on
    the right where it belongs. There is a space left for it though, so it
    looks like the CSS is right. I have no idea why the right content is
    popping down to the center.

    the left is an intentional error to keep invalid hits from piling up in my
    counter.

    rather than cut and paste the code, here it is:

    http://troy.morpheus.net/index.php

    Thanks,
    troy

    Troy, Dec 29, 2003

  2. In article <RXXHb.108$>, Troy
    says...

    > I have a classic 3 column layout with nav on the left,
    > content in the center, and other stuff on the right. I've set it up and it
    > looks great, except the right appears below the center column instead of on
    > the right where it belongs.

    I'm seeing something different.

    > http://troy.morpheus.net/index.php

    Internet Explorer 6, Win2000 Pro:
    http://www.dualstone.co.uk/stuff/troy-01.png

    Opera 7.23, Same OS:
    http://www.dualstone.co.uk/stuff/troy-02.png

    Opera is usually right. IE is full of bugs.

    Have a quick look at the CSS here, used for a similar layout:
    http://glish.com/css/7.asp

    --
    Daniel Ruscoe
    http://www.dualstone.co.uk

    Daniel Ruscoe, Dec 29, 2003

  3. Troy

    Troy Guest

    Nevermind. i did some validating and was forgetting to close a table.
    Sorry to clutter this Ng up.

    troy

    Troy, Dec 29, 2003
  4. Troy

    Troy Guest

    Hmmm.

    Well, I have employed the use of the voice-family css hack to no avail.. I
    still see the right hand side floating over the text. IE bug maybe, but
    still a lot of people will be looking at it in IE. So what to do about
    that?

    http://troy.morpheus.net

    Thanks!
    troy