CSS examples

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Rae, Sep 6, 2006.

  1. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Barry" <> wrote in message
    news:%...

    > Are there any good examples of CSS style sheets to be used with ASP.NET
    > (Visual Studio 2003) on the internet.

    How far did you get with Google...?
    Mark Rae, Sep 6, 2006

  2. Mark Rae

    Barry Guest

    Are there any good examples of CSS style sheets to be used with ASP.NET
    (Visual Studio 2003) on the internet.

    Note: i have seen the w3school examples, not intrested in them

    TIA
    Barry
    Barry, Sep 6, 2006

  3. Mark Rae

    Patrice Guest

    You could find the full spec at http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/ as well as
    learning resources if this is what you looking for...

    --
    Patrice

    %...

    Patrice, Sep 6, 2006
  4. Have you seen:
    http://www.csszengarden.com/

    It really shows what you can do with CSS.

    But... perhaps you could be more specific with your question? Stylesheets
    are generally independant of the language used to implement the web page
    generation (eg. doesn't really matter if the webpage is generated by PHP or
    ASP.NET).

    Regards,

    Rob MacFadyen

    Rob MacFadyen, Sep 6, 2006
  5. Mark Rae

    Barry Guest

    Thank all you guys for the quick replies, this message is a reply
    specifically to Rob.

    the examples i have seen are like this on w3schools

    a:link{font-weight: 900;}

    i would like something which is show on ASP.NET

    ..Content
    {
    font- ?????
    font-decoration: ???
    ..Content .HyperLink A:hover
    {
    font-weight: 900;
    }

    this is something i have written (copied) from some example

    Barry, Sep 7, 2006
  6. Mark Rae

    Patrice Guest

    Try a CSS reference site such as http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html or
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...op/author/dhtml/reference/properties/font.asp
    for font properties.

    AFAIK this is text-decoration not font-decoration...

    The second notation allows to specify styles for elements that are embedded
    within particular elements. See :
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html

    Patrice, Sep 7, 2006
  7. Barry,

    Still not sure where you're going with this.

    The typical font attributes (with example values):
    font-family: Verdana;
    font-size: 8pt;
    font-weight: normal;
    color: #003399;

    font-weight is typically normal, lighter, bold, bolder or
    100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900 or inherit

    I'd have to lookup on in msdn exactly where all these values are in relation
    to each other... I've stuck with normal and bold... not too fancy :)

    text-decoration controls how hyperlinks apprear, text-decoration:underline
    is the default, and text-decoration:none is common for removing the
    underlining. It's possible text-decoration applies elsewhere... I've only
    used it for links... for certainity check msdn or other refrence material.

    Is that sort of what you're looking for?

    Regards,

    Rob MacFadyen

    Rob MacFadyen, Sep 8, 2006