CSS Margins in Opera

Joe

Whenever I view my Website in the Opera browser, it seems to ignore my
margins, which seem to work fine in Internet Explorer. Below I have included
what I have put in the head of the page:

BODY
{
scrollbar-base-color: #9A0000;
scrollbar-arrow-color: white;
scrollbar-DarkShadow-Color: black;
margin-top: 0;
padding-top: 0;
}
<!--
A:link { text-decoration: none; color:"#FFFFFF" }
A:visited { text-decoration: none; color:"#FFFFFF" }
A:hover { text-decoration: underline overline; cursor: hand; color:"Red" }
-->
h1 {font-family: Arial; color: #FFCC33; font-size: 13pt; }

Does Opera not support CSS margins or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks, Joe

Steve Pugh

Joe said:
Whenever I view my Website in the Opera browser,

Which version?
it seems to ignore my
margins, which seem to work fine in Internet Explorer.

Have you tried in Mozilla?
Below I have included
what I have put in the head of the page:

BODY
{
scrollbar-base-color: #9A0000;
scrollbar-arrow-color: white;
scrollbar-DarkShadow-Color: black;
margin-top: 0;

This is the only margin in the code here. By default the margin on
body in Opera is 0 (the padding is 8px by default) so this has no
effect.
padding-top: 0;

This works. But Opera handles the collapsing of margins differently
(i.e. properly) there may be other factors at play. A URL would help.

Why start an HTML comment in the middle of a block of CSS?
A:link { text-decoration: none; color:"#FFFFFF" }
A:visited { text-decoration: none; color:"#FFFFFF" }
A:hover { text-decoration: underline overline; cursor: hand; color:"Red" }

No need at all for those quotes.
-->
h1 {font-family: Arial; color: #FFCC33; font-size: 13pt; }

Is this a print stylesheet? Points make sense for print, but on the
screen.

Steve

Toby A Inkster

Joe said:
BODY
{
scrollbar-base-color: #9A0000;
scrollbar-arrow-color: white;
scrollbar-DarkShadow-Color: black;
margin-top: 0;
padding-top: 0;
}

Have you tried also setting:

html { margin-top: 0; padding-top: 0; }

?

Leif K-Brooks

Joe said:
Whenever I view my Website in the Opera browser, it seems to ignore my
margins, which seem to work fine in Internet Explorer.

Opera applies padding to body instead of margin.