css menu with submenus

ontherun

Does such thing exists?

I was googling a lot but almost everywhere appears to be a java as an
answer.

???

Eric Bednarz

C A Upsdell said:
Sort of. There are pure CSS dropdown menu techniques, but some
JavaScript is needed for IE5 and IE6 to overcome defects in IE.

JavaScript is a registered trademark. Anyway.

I don’t see where CSS requires support of dynamic pseudo classes on all
elements, but it would be fair to say that some browser scripting is
needed to overcome usability and accessibility defects caused by
browsers who actually do (‘pure CSS’ is a common euphemism for ‘I’m
missing the skills to do something better’).

That sucks beyond believe. ‘sfhover’ is not declared, the result of
getElementById is not tested before trying to call a method of it,
window.attachEvent is an existing method in Opera, and what’s best,
document content is hidden with CSS and made ‘accessible’ with
scripting (to name a few problems).

C A Upsdell

Eric said:
That sucks beyond believe. ‘sfhover’ is not declared, the result of
getElementById is not tested before trying to call a method of it,
window.attachEvent is an existing method in Opera, and what’s best,
document content is hidden with CSS and made ‘accessible’ with
scripting (to name a few problems).

Well, I make CSS based dropdown menus, using a method adapted from the
original Suckerfish. It too had some weaknesses, so I created by own
method using Suckerfish only as a guide, and what I have works well with
my sites. I referred the OP to the above URL, not to my own method,
because I have not documented my method for others.

The OP would be well advised, I think, to investigate a number of
related techniques and too confect something from them which best meets
his/her needs.

dorayme

That sucks beyond believe. ‘sfhover’ is not declared, the result of
getElementById is not tested before trying to call a method of it,
window.attachEvent is an existing method in Opera, and what’s best,
document content is hidden with CSS and made ‘accessible’ with
scripting (to name a few problems).[/QUOTE]

Do you have a URL that remedies these things please?