CSS Menus Question

Tim McGavin

Forgive me for posting this here, but I could not find the proper newgroup
to use and this is the closest I could find.

I have some pure-CSS drop-down menus. Below them are some text input
fields.

My problem is that when you view the CSS drop-down menus they drop down and
go BEHIND
the text input fields instead of going IN FRONT of them.

I realize I have not posted any code, but could someone point me in the
right direction?

Do I need to be looking at Z-index?

Thanks so much

Masudur

Forgive me for posting this here, but I could not find the proper newgroup
to use and this is the closest I could find.

I have some pure-CSS drop-down menus. Below them are some text input
fields.

My problem is that when you view the CSS drop-down menus they drop down and
go BEHIND
the text input fields instead of going IN FRONT of them.

I realize I have not posted any code, but could someone point me in the
right direction?

Do I need to be looking at Z-index?

Thanks so much

Hi...
Can you just put a link where i can see the problem live...
I think you are kind of missing some thing... if you Put Z-index you
are creating a dhtml layer... and for working that correctly you need
to do another change that is make the elements positioning absolute...
try style="display:block"

Thanks
Masudur
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Kevin Spencer

Yes, it's a combination of Z-Index and/or absolute positioning
characteristics, and how they affect z-index.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP