    Am I overlooking something?

    Thanks

    Jos
    =?Utf-8?B?am9z?=, Mar 5, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?am9z?=

    David Wier Guest

    Are you using an external css file?
    If so, it's possible that you forgot to reference it in that one aspx page.

    --
    David Wier
    MVP/ASPInsider

    "jos" <> wrote in message
    > I am for the first time using css.
    >
    > The problem is that the first page of my application is shown without the
    > css formats, but only in de VStudio environent. The first page is the

    logon
    > page (not named login.aspx) but with my own coding . When I successfully
    > login then all further pages are shown with the css.
    >
    > When compiling the application and ftp it to the service provider there is
    > no problem, ie it shows the css.
    >
    > The authentication mode is forms, when i change it to windows on the
    > development machine there is of course no problem. I have checked all
    > directories and as far as i can see all have permission for the aspnet

    user.

    David Wier, Mar 5, 2007

  3. David Wier wrote:
    > Are you using an external css file?
    > If so, it's possible that you forgot to reference it in that one aspx page.

    had the same problem.

    after entering the following block in the web.config for the stylesheet

    <location path="your_stylesheet.css">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*"/>
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    everything worked.

    seems there is a rights-problem using forms-authentication together with
    stylesheets. if you use any other files/paths in your stylesheet or form
    you have to grant access like in the example above too.

    hope it helps

    mike
    Michael Haberfellner, Mar 5, 2007