css missing

Guest

I am for the first time using css.

The problem is that the first page of my application is shown without the
css formats, but only in de VStudio environent. The first page is the logon
page (not named login.aspx) but with my own coding . When I successfully
login then all further pages are shown with the css.

When compiling the application and ftp it to the service provider there is
no problem, ie it shows the css.

The authentication mode is forms, when i change it to windows on the
development machine there is of course no problem. I have checked all
directories and as far as i can see all have permission for the aspnet user.

Am I overlooking something?

Thanks

Jos

David Wier

Are you using an external css file?
If so, it's possible that you forgot to reference it in that one aspx page.

Michael Haberfellner

David said:
Are you using an external css file?
If so, it's possible that you forgot to reference it in that one aspx page.

had the same problem.

after entering the following block in the web.config for the stylesheet

<location path="your_stylesheet.css">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

everything worked.

seems there is a rights-problem using forms-authentication together with
stylesheets. if you use any other files/paths in your stylesheet or form
you have to grant access like in the example above too.

hope it helps

mike