CSS navigation bar - hover OK in Firefox but not in Internet Exploter 7

Discussion in 'HTML' started by John, Sep 16, 2008.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi

    The below CSS navigation is OK in Forefox.

    In Internet Explorer, when you move down to the second level, the drop downs
    disappear.
    This only occurs when the drop down covers other text or images on the page.

    OK.

    Any ideas?
    Regards
    John

    div#navbar ul {list-style:none; list-image:none; padding:0; margin:0;
    width:100%;}
    div#navbar li {float:left; margin:0px;}
    div#navbar li a {background-color:darkslateblue;
    height:26px; width:105px; display:block; padding-top:3px;
    padding-bottom:3px;
    border:1px solid #FFFFFF; text-decoration:none;
    font:bold 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:white;
    text-align:center;}
    div#navbar li a {float:none;} /* Hide this line from IE5-Mac */
    div#navbar li a:hover {font-weight:bold; color:#6D7B8D; background:white;
    border:1px solid #808080;}
    div#navbar ul ul {position:absolute; display:none;}
    div#navbar li.submenu:hover ul.level2 {display:block;}
    div#navbar li ul li {display:block;}
    div#navbar li ul li a {width:105px; background:darkslateblue;}
    div#navbar li li {float:none;}
    /* 2 and 13 */
    div#navbar ul ul, li a:link:hover ul ul {display:none;}
    /* 12 and 23*/
    div#navbar li a:link:hover ul, li a:link:hover li a:link:hover ul
    {display:block;}
    John, Sep 16, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "John" <>
    writing in news:gaoaj2$7ko$:

    > Hi
    >
    > The below CSS navigation is OK in Forefox.
    >
    > In Internet Explorer, when you move down to the second level, the drop
    > downs disappear.
    > This only occurs when the drop down covers other text or images on the
    > page.

    > it's OK.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    A URL would be helpful.

    > Regards
    > John

    Signatures should be two dashes, a space and a carrige return.
    Conforming news clients will remove the signature when replying to a
    post.

    With that said, in a conforming news client, had you used the above, all
    this below would have been cut off. Please put your signature at the
    bottom of the post.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services