css on the master page

rodchar

hey all,

if i put my css declaration on the master page it doesn't get resolved on
the content pages (i get the squiggly lines on class names) is there any way
around that?

thanks,
rodchar

Scott M.

There is a content area in the HEAD section of the master page so that you
can place content in your content page in the head section (or not). Have
you tried adding your CSS to that area of the master page and then
indicating on the content page that you want that content area to default to
the master content?

-Scott

Paul Shapiro

In a site using Themes, I include a disabled link to the css file in the
<head> section of the master page.
<%--Disabled stylesheet link to stop warnings: "class or cssclass value
is not defined".--%>
<asp:Literal ID="LiteralSuppressCSSClassWarnings" Visible="false"
runat="server">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="~/App_Themes/Theme1/Theme1.css" />
</asp:Literal>

I don't know if it's necessary, but my content pages include a declaration
for the master page type.
<%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/SiteMasterPage.master" %>

If your css declaration is not already in the master page's <head> section,
try moving it there.