CSS positioning

Steve Pugh

While sitting in a puddle Steve Pugh scribbled in the mud:

This group has standards?

Well, they're technically recommendations but everyone calls them
standards.

Steve

Barbara de Zoete

Don't start. The aussies (who should all be tucked up in bed but,
well, you know) will be here in a moment saying that it's already
Friday...

LOL That should be about now, right?

rf

Steve Pugh
Don't start. The aussies (who should all be tucked up in bed but,
well, you know) will be here in a moment saying that it's already
Friday...

Well it *is* Friday.

John

Richard said:
Try this, it works fine in IE6.

div {position:absolute; top:100px; left:100px; height:100px; width:100px;
background-color:blue; }

</HEAD>
<BODY>

hello

</BODY>
</HTML>
I ended up doing that. It's a bit crap though if you want it to stretch
to fill the available area.