CSS - Table background-color - Firefox !

lovely_angel_for_you

Hi,

I have following link. By visitng first in IE, and then in Firefox, you
would get to know my issue.

http://lovely.angel.for.you.googlepages.com/test.htm
http://www.geocities.com/lovely_angel_for_you/test.htm

To explain in simple terms, the CSS code that I am using is not
providing the colors to Table backgrounds.

And assistance on that will be greatly appreciated.

I am also sending the link, just in case the link doesnt work.

Waiting for the assistance on the same.

Best Wishes
Lovely

*****Code For CSS Starts*****

BODY {background: #3787AF}
..tablemain
{
background-color=#FFF4E6;
FONT-SIZE: 11px;
COLOR: #000000;
FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;
TEXT-ALIGN: center;
}
..tablecenter
{
background-color=#FFFFFF;
FONT-SIZE: 11px;
COLOR: #000000;
FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;
TEXT-ALIGN: center;

}
*****Code For CSS Ends*****

*****Code For HTML Starts*****

<head>
<link href="test.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<title>CSS Test Page</title>
</head>

<center>
class="tablemain">
MAIN</td>
TABLE MAIN
MAIN</td>
width="484" class="tablecenter">
MAIN</td>
MAIN</td>
TABLE MAIN
MAIN</td>
</center>

*****Code For HTML Ends*****

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed)
writing in

Have you validated the markup? said:
[...]

1. It is better to use percentages for font sizes. Font sizes expressed
in fixed units cannot be resized, so px, pt, etc., are not good choices.
Better yet, forget font size altogether, and use relative sizes for
headings and legalese, eg:
h1 {font-size:130%}
..legalese {font-size:80%}

2. Always include a generic fall back font for font-family, eg. verdana,
sans-serif. That way, users who do not have verdana should still get a
sans serif font.
*****Code For HTML Starts*****

Normally, I would snip this malarky, but, I'm in a generous mood, so I'm
going to comment this fully.

<head>
<link href="test.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<title>CSS Test Page</title>
</head>

The align attribute for the div element is deprecated - use CSS instead.

The center element is deprecated - use CSS instead.
class="tablemain">

Ah O - nesting tables, not a good idea. Tables should be used for
tabular data, not for positioning and presentation of elements.

<the rest is snipped>

I think you may be looking for a three column layout. Google for "css 3
column layout" (with or without the quotes), there are lots of methods.

lovely_angel_for_you

Thanks for replying back.

I always love the genorisity, you gotta believe me on that.

Now there was an honest mistake that happened on my side. May be I did
re-read the thread before posting.

I already have something running on those parameters, changing the
entire pages and re-designing them will not be possible for me.

What basically I was looking was table background-colors only, with
page background.

BODY {background: #3787AF}
..tablemain
{
background-color=#FFF4E6;
}
..tablecenter
{
background-color=#FFFFFF;
}

My mistake didnt think of firefox, when creating these pages around 3
years ago. Now the number of pages have increased and recreating them
is difficult for me. So when someone asked to check in firefox, I did
some corrective measures at that time, but the solution is not there.

And now issue is:
Page need a separate background {BODY}
- > Table with three columns need a different background {tablemain}
- - - > And table within that will have change in background color as
well. {tablecenter}

Now I need the solution for that.

I will be checking the validator as well, http://validator.w3.org/

Waiting for reply.

Best Wishes
Lovely

lovely_angel_for_you

Got the solution right by, "Andrew Gillett" (quoting him without his
permission)

Try changing

background-color=#FFF4E6;

background-color:#FFF4E6;