Ctrl + Tab functionality in the tabbed panes

srinivas.veeranki

Hi All,

Here i have a problem with a JTabbedPane. I want the functionality like
arrow keys for the JTabbedPane. If i press the Ctrl +Tab, It should
have to show the next focusablle tab.

How can i achieve the this type of functionality.

Thank you all.

Srinivas

srinivas.veeranki

Hi !

Thanq very much for ur response.

I also need the ctrl + tab functioanlity for the Tabbed panes..

Thanks

Srinivas.

Andrew Thompson

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

(Please refrain from top-posting.)
I also need the ctrl + tab functioanlity for the Tabbed panes..

The information is in the same tutorial.

( In fact, I was about to post an entirely different version
of that first source - it achieved what you wanted in
another, very bad & hackish way. But it only took
me a couple of minutes searching that tutorial to
find the correct way. Maybe you should read it. )

Andrew T.

srinivas.veeranki

Hi...

For achieving the ctrl + tab functioality for JTabbedPane , I over
write the addkeyStroke() method,but its not supporting the this
functioality. If i press the ctrl + tab , the focus is going to next
focusable component in that tab. Its not moving to the next tab.
I used the following code

Set forwardKeys = frame.getFocusTraversalKeys(
KeyboardFocusManager.FORWARD_TRAVERSAL_KEYS);
Set newForwardKeys = new HashSet(forwardKeys);
newForwardKeys.add(
KeyStroke.getKeyStroke(KeyEvent.VK_TAB
,KeyEvent.CTRL_DOWN_MASK, true));
frame.setFocusTraversalKeys(
KeyboardFocusManager.FORWARD_TRAVERSAL_KEYS,
newForwardKeys);

I didn't find the ctrl + tab focus traversal for the JTabbed Pane.

Thanks

Srinivas.