Cubic root

Philip KOCH

I'm trying to calculate the cubic root of a fonction, what syntax should I
use?

Thanx
PHIL

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Philip KOCH said:
I'm trying to calculate the cubic root of a fonction, what syntax should I
use?

A cubic root would be the same as raising to the 1/3rd power. You can make
your own cubicRoot function:

function cubicRoot(n) {
return Math.pow(n,1/3);
}

/L

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, seen
I'm trying to calculate the cubic root of a fonction, what syntax should I
use?

One that allows the argument to be negative.

function cubeRoot(X) {
return (X<0 ? -1 : +1) * Math.pow(Math.abs(X), 1/3) }