Curses - how can I print the VT100 symbols such as ACS_DIAMOND andACS_BULLET

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Grehom, Mar 17, 2008.

  1. Grehom

    Grehom Guest

    I am writing a application using the Curses module, and it's all
    working nicely but I would like to be able to print some of the VT100
    symbols such as ACS_DIAMOND and ACS_BULLET (as defined in /usr/
    include/curses.h) to the screen, can anyone help. Example of the code
    I have tried is:

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use strict;
    use warnings;
    use Readonly;

    use Curses;

    Readonly my $NULL => q{};

    initscr();
    addstr(2, 2,"string ");
    addstr(2, 9, ACS_DIAMOND);

    refresh();
    getch();

    endwin();

    But all it does is print a number 'string 4194400', thanks
    Grehom, Mar 17, 2008