curses library and threads

pedro mg

Hi,

i believe curses lib comes with ruby 1.8.5.
I have 2 questions that are consuming me hours. How can i get
documentation on ruby curses lib ? Methods, constants, etc, sourcecode,
etc. Shell "$ ri Curses" does not report anything.
I installed another Ncurses lib that seems to be more complete, but i'd
like to know if the "standard" curses lib fits my needs.

I have another problem with threads and Ncurses:
- i created a thread to print out a counter, in a ncurses window
- another thread to get a string with wgetstr(win, str) in another window

The code works fine, but the counter stops until Enter is pressed on
wgetstr. Then it keeps counting until the code gets to the wgetstr()
again. So, can wgetstr() stop threads from running simultaneously ?

Nicolas Desprès

i believe curses lib comes with ruby 1.8.5.
I have 2 questions that are consuming me hours. How can i get
documentation on ruby curses lib ? Methods, constants, etc, sourcecode,
etc. Shell "$ ri Curses" does not report anything.

You can get some help here:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/

Nico