curses library and threads

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by pedro mg, Feb 15, 2007.

  1. pedro mg

    pedro mg Guest

    Hi,

    i believe curses lib comes with ruby 1.8.5.
    I have 2 questions that are consuming me hours. How can i get
    documentation on ruby curses lib ? Methods, constants, etc, sourcecode,
    etc. Shell "$ ri Curses" does not report anything.
    I installed another Ncurses lib that seems to be more complete, but i'd
    like to know if the "standard" curses lib fits my needs.

    I have another problem with threads and Ncurses:
    - i created a thread to print out a counter, in a ncurses window
    - another thread to get a string with wgetstr(win, str) in another window

    The code works fine, but the counter stops until Enter is pressed on
    wgetstr. Then it keeps counting until the code gets to the wgetstr()
    again. So, can wgetstr() stop threads from running simultaneously ?

    --
    pedro mg
    ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i486-linux]
    pedro mg, Feb 15, 2007

  2. On Feb 15, 4:25 am, pedro mg <> wrote:
    > Hi,

    Hi,

    > i believe curses lib comes with ruby 1.8.5.
    > I have 2 questions that are consuming me hours. How can i get
    > documentation on ruby curses lib ? Methods, constants, etc, sourcecode,
    > etc. Shell "$ ri Curses" does not report anything.

    You can get some help here:

    http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/

    Nico
    Nicolas Desprès, Feb 16, 2007

  3. pedro mg

    pedro mg Guest

    Nicolas Desprès wrote:
    > You can get some help here:
    > http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/
    >
    > Nico

    Nico, thank you. I just looked in ruby-doc.org/core
    That's it, stdlib ;)

    pedro mg, Feb 16, 2007