Cursor movement question

Jive Dadson

Howdy, folks. I am using wxPython 2.8 on Windoze XP Pro. I want my
application to move the cursor and the mouse-point (the coordinates in
the mouse-click events) to the left when the user presses the left-arrow
key, up when they press the up-arrow key, etc.. I think I can figure
out how to grab the arrow key events, but I can't find how to move the
cursor. I tried calling wx.SetCursorEvent(x,y), but no joy.

Can you help?

Thankee,
Jive

Jive Dadson

Aahz said:
Perhaps you could post the solution for posterity's sake?

The double secret magic encantation is "WarpPointer." Unfortunately, it
does not work in a plain vanilla ScrolledWindow. ScrolledWindow captures
the event and scrolls by the default scroll amount of 20 pixels. I think
I can figure out a work-around, but I have not yet done so.

self.bmp.Bind(wx.EVT_KEY_DOWN, self.OnKeyDown)

def OnKeyDown(self, event):
# Use direction keys to move cursor one pixel

x,y = event.GetPosition()
keycode = event.GetKeyCode()
X = 0
Y = 0