Custom Control difficulties and no VB examples found.

pmclinn

I need a very simple asp.net VB example of the following:

ASCX class that does the following.

1) Allows the Designer to use the ListItem collection. e.g. the
dropdownlist property dialog that you click on and then enter in your
list items. Basically I want to create a property that forces the
Designer to prompt the user with this gui to add in the data.

2) How do I make the designer show changes made to public properties
when you are using the control on a page:
i.e. Here I would want to see the lblQuestion.text changes if someone
changes the default property.
Public Property InQuestion() As String
Get
Return lblQuizQuestion.Text
End Get
Set(ByVal value As String)
lblQuizQuestion.Text = value
End Set
End Property

If someone could create a simple, simple, class showing me how to do
this I would appreciate it. I would like to paste it in some 16
different web pages. I've seen tons of people asking the same
question but nobody is answering.