Custom DataSource Object

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by john_teague, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. john_teague

    john_teague Guest

    I am building a custom DataSourceObject for my Business Layer. I have
    been following Nikhil Kothari's articles
    http://www.nikhilk.net/DataSourceControlsSummary.aspx.

    I have the select portion working except that the GridView does not
    recognize that the data source is pageable.

    I have overridden the CanPage property of the data view
    public override bool CanPage
    {
    get
    {
    return true;

    and I am setting the Supported Capabilities in the ExecuteSelect
    statement.
    arguments.AddSupportedCapabilities(DataSourceCapabilities.Page);

    However, when I set the paging properties of the GridView
    AllowPaging=true, PageIndex=0, PageSize=10

    the DataSourceSelectArguments parameter of ExecuteSelect has -1 as the
    value for the MaximumRows properties.

    john_teague, Jan 9, 2006