custom password filters for windows (need some help)

Discussion in 'C++' started by JD, Feb 17, 2012.

  1. JD

    JD Guest

    First let me state that I am by no means a programmer and haven't done
    any coding in 25+ years but I am a little desperate at this point.
    There is an article at http://www.devx.com/security/Article/21522 that
    describes creating your own password filter for windows systems.
    Basically it's just a DLL that gets added to a windows box and with a
    few registry entries, you can enforce stronger passwords. The code in
    the link above creates such a DLL and allows for a customizable
    password filter via a registry entry. I tried compiling the code under
    Visual Studio 2010 but got several errors and I am looking for some
    help altering the code so it will compile correctly. It requires the
    BOOST libraries which I did install but still got errors when
    compiling. I'm guessing for someone with better skills (which at this
    point could be anyone but me) at c++ this would probably be a breeze.
    I tried to email the author but this article is several years old and
    I have yet to get a reply.
    I know it's a long shot but any chance one of you could take a look
    and see if you can alter the code and get it to compile?
    Thanks much!

    JD, Feb 17, 2012

  2. JD

    Christopher Guest

    On Feb 17, 12:54 pm, JD <> wrote:
    > I know it's a long shot but any chance one of you could take a look
    > and see if you can alter the code and get it to compile?
    > Thanks much!

    For $40/hr perhaps

    Christopher, Feb 17, 2012