custom validator

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike P, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Mike P

    Mike P Guest

    I have a Custom validator that has ControlToValidate set to a textbox
    that also has a Required and RegularExpression validator.

    When I run the webpage on my machine the custom validator
    OnServerValidate procedure is only called if both the Required and
    RegularExpression validators are successfully met.

    However, when I upload the page to my live website, if I enter an
    invalid value in the textbox (i.e. one that doesn't meet the
    RegularExpression validator, the Custom validator procedure gets called
    regardless.

    I'm really seriously in need of help with this as I can't figure out why
    this is happening! Can anybody help?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike P, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Hi

    > When I run the webpage on my machine the custom validator
    > OnServerValidate procedure is only called if both the Required and
    > RegularExpression validators are successfully met.
    >
    > However, when I upload the page to my live website, if I enter an
    > invalid value in the textbox (i.e. one that doesn't meet the
    > RegularExpression validator, the Custom validator procedure gets called
    > regardless.

    I think that your website dont have "aspnet_client" directory installed.

    Ciao
    Giorgio

    Giorgio Parmeggiani, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Mike P

    Mike P Guest

    Cheers!

    I've just worked that out, I was missing a .js file from aspnet_client
    folder.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike P, Nov 5, 2003