custom validator

Mike P

I have a Custom validator that has ControlToValidate set to a textbox
that also has a Required and RegularExpression validator.

When I run the webpage on my machine the custom validator
OnServerValidate procedure is only called if both the Required and
RegularExpression validators are successfully met.

However, when I upload the page to my live website, if I enter an
invalid value in the textbox (i.e. one that doesn't meet the
RegularExpression validator, the Custom validator procedure gets called
regardless.

I'm really seriously in need of help with this as I can't figure out why
this is happening! Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Mike

Giorgio Parmeggiani

Hi
When I run the webpage on my machine the custom validator
OnServerValidate procedure is only called if both the Required and
RegularExpression validators are successfully met.

However, when I upload the page to my live website, if I enter an
invalid value in the textbox (i.e. one that doesn't meet the
RegularExpression validator, the Custom validator procedure gets called
regardless.

I think that your website dont have "aspnet_client" directory installed.

Ciao
Giorgio

Mike P

Cheers!

I've just worked that out, I was missing a .js file from aspnet_client
folder.

Thanks,

Mike