Custom Validator

Guest

I add a Custom Validator to my form and created a "server side" method which I wanted to be invoked.

When I run in debug mode, it comes to the routine as I expected, and it passes the edit. I set the "e.IsValid" to true, but this does not seem to trigger my button event which was pushed in the first place. I do not see anything which this routine could have done to "clobber the button event". So should my button event be triggered if I set the "e.IsValid" to true?

William F. Robertson, Jr.

Make sure you wired to the button click event and you don't have
AutoPostBack set on any of the TextBoxes, otherwise the Button will never
actually be "clicked" because the form will post before the click and it
will appear swallowed.

bill