Custom Validator

Guest

I was looking at an example for creating a custom validator and I am not
quite sure how I can pass the parameters that I am wanting to look at.

So for instance I am writing a generic Javascript routine in which I pass
the reference to 2 controls that I want to look at and a third control which
has the error message in which I will change the visibility of the style from
visible to hidden. How do I pass these parameter values...the ID of control
1, the ID of Control 2 and the ID of the control that I am going to alter the
properties in the style?

The example that I was looking at specifies the signature of the function
would be sender and args, but it does not show me how I get the values that I
want to pass to this function. Passing the "button" that I press is not
going to help me in the function.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!

bruce barker

when the validation routine calls you code, it passes the validator, just
add attributes to the validator, that are your control ids.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)