<customErrors> confusion

Jayyde

New to this so please bear with me...

I set up the:

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="~/Unavailable.aspx">
</customErrors>

And what it'll do is redirect to the Unavailable.aspx page, but then bring
up ASP.NET errors saying how it can't display what's going on and in order
for
it to be able to to set up a <customErrors> tag. Kind of strange to me
since it's apparently reading it to redirect, but then not using it. No
clue what's happening here, but any help you gurus can give me will be much
appreciated! =)

Hans Kesting

New to this so please bear with me...
I set up the:

<customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="~/Unavailable.aspx">
</customErrors>

And what it'll do is redirect to the Unavailable.aspx page, but then bring
up ASP.NET errors saying how it can't display what's going on and in order
for
it to be able to to set up a <customErrors> tag. Kind of strange to me
since it's apparently reading it to redirect, but then not using it. No
clue what's happening here, but any help you gurus can give me will be much
appreciated! =)

This will happen if your Unavailable.aspx itself causes an error. It
will not go in an endless loop, fortunately.

Hans Kesting