customizing attribute values for control properties

Roman Puttkammer

Is there somewhere an example on how to customize the serialization of control
properties to aspx/ascx control attributes?

I've implemented designer support for my control properties using TypeDescriptor
and TypeConverter classes. Editing the propery values for array properties works
well in designer, however setting the attributes in the aspx/ascx page doesn't work
correctly.

<c:MyControl>
<MyProperties MyArray="String[] Array"/>
</c:MyControl>

Obviously the value "String[] Array" isn't what I've entered into the array editor.

How does the designer generate the attribute values? Is there a way to customize it?