Data not flushed at the moment

MindClass

I've to modifying a file, then I use a method imported that access to
that file and has to read the new data, but they are not read ( as if
the data were not flushed at the moment even using .close()
explicitly).

---------------------------------------
# If it is not installed, it looking for the line and insert it.
if not is_application:
print "Activating I18n application ..."
writefile_line = 0
a = fileinput.input(settings, inplace=1)
# for line in fileinput.input(settings, inplace=1):
for line in a:
writefile_line += 1
if writefile_line == readfile_line:
print " '%s'," % application_name
print line[:-1]
else:
print line[:-1]
a.close()

update()

def update():
# Update the data base.
try:
from django.core.management import syncdb
except ImportError, err:
print "Can't import from Django: %s" % err
sys.exit(1)

syncdb()

Note that it only fails if the update() method is run inner of 'if not
is_application', and I don't understand because it is happening so. But
the problem is that I need run it when that condition is performed. Any
idea?