    how can i pass parameters on the click event of button from one
    function to the another?
    how can i run another file from current file?

    arvind, Jun 29, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    "arvind" <> wrote:

    > hi all,
    > i am accessing sql+ database through python 2.4.3.
    > i am using Tkinter to build my screens.
    > how can i pass parameters on the click event of button from one
    > function to the another?

    What do you mean by this? If you mean clicking a button runs one
    function and passes params to another, write a parent function:

    def doit():
    results = func1(...)
    funct2(results)
    btn = Tkinter.Button(..., command=doit)

    > how can i run another file from current file?

    What kind of file? If you mean a command-line executable, see the
    subprocess module (new in python 2.4 but backwards compatible with 2.3
    and worth using).

    -- Russell

    Russell E. Owen, Jun 29, 2006