DataBase connection

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by varun varun, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. varun varun

    varun varun Guest

    hello friends,

    i am developing an asp.net application in which
    i want to keep database connection of
    my application alive through out the application.

    in my case, my DBMS is MS SQL Server 2000.

    i came to know that in application_init event of
    the application, we can put some code to
    connect to our back-end.

    i tried to search a lot for this event in
    developer environment but could not locate it.

    so can anyone tell where do i need to put the code ?

    thank you.

    varun varun, Jul 7, 2003

  2. You need to dump the idea. ADO.Net is designed to leverage Connection
    Pooling, and trying to use one Connection for the entire app is not a good
    or safe idea.

    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft FrontPage MVP