database connection

wei

Thanks Craig. i think you are right.the connectString is not set properly.
if i down the ip address, how do i set it?
string connectionString = "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Data source=server;User
ID=username;Password=password";

this is my current setting. i try to replace server with ip+port, it didn't
work either. how do i set it? thanks.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

You do not have a TNS name for the server. With Oracle, you have to have the
Oracle client blah blah on your web machine to connect to Oracle. One of the
items is TNSNames.ora (? - may have spelling wrong). For the server in
question, you have to have a TNS name to use the oracleClient objects.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!