Database Connection

nbohana

I am using MS Visual Studio 2005. I am building a web application. my initial
data base connection was to SQL Express. I would like to change to SQL
Server. I have defined my database and tables and would like to use them. In
my APP_DATA it has file:///D:\ePims\App_Data\ASPNETDB.MDF, I would like to
use ICC-SERVER.PAIMS.DBO. Can someone please guide me.

Sundar Narasiman

nbohana,

There are two ways you can achieve this.
1. You can connect to the Remote Database Server and do the data access
using normal ADO.NET way.
2. If you don't want to talk to full blown SQL Server and you want to follow
the SQL Express Way (APP_DATA), you can still copy the database from the
remote SQL Server and place it in APP_DATA folder

Please let me know what you are exactly looking for