Database XML feed question?

samir.doshi

I am pretty novice when it comes to XML feeds but want to find out how
it can be done. We have some alliances with job boards and want to be
able to set up a way for the database to index all those postings from
the other job boards, cross posting that is,

My other question was, when including another job board's postings in
our
database, how would we output it so that when it comes up as a results
when a search is run, so that when the user clicks on the job summary
title, it directs them to that job boards page where the details for
that job are?

Any ideas on how to simpy do this, because right now when a user clicks
on a jobn title in our search results page, there are obviously looking
at one of our pages.

Travis Newbury

I am pretty novice when it comes to XML feeds but want to find out how
it can be done. We have some alliances with job boards and want to be
able to set up a way for the database to index all those postings from
the other job boards, cross posting that is.

Find something unique in the table(s) and either group on it, or use
distinct. The resulting set will be a single version of each job
posting (no duplicates). Change the query a little and you can see
only those jobs that were cross posted.
My other question was, when including another job board's postings in
our
database, how would we output it so that when it comes up as a results
when a search is run, so that when the user clicks on the job summary
title, it directs them to that job boards page where the details for
that job are?

The XML "feed" that comes fromthe job board should have that
information in it.

Maybe it is time to hire a porfessional?