    on a jobn title in our search results page, there are obviously looking
    at one of our pages.

    , Jun 2, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I am pretty novice when it comes to XML feeds but want to find out how
    > it can be done. We have some alliances with job boards and want to be
    > able to set up a way for the database to index all those postings from
    > the other job boards, cross posting that is.

    Find something unique in the table(s) and either group on it, or use
    distinct. The resulting set will be a single version of each job
    posting (no duplicates). Change the query a little and you can see
    only those jobs that were cross posted.

    > My other question was, when including another job board's postings in
    > our
    > database, how would we output it so that when it comes up as a results
    > when a search is run, so that when the user clicks on the job summary
    > title, it directs them to that job boards page where the details for
    > that job are?

    The XML "feed" that comes fromthe job board should have that
    information in it.

    Maybe it is time to hire a porfessional?

    Travis Newbury, Jun 2, 2006

  3. Travis Newbury wrote:

    > Maybe it is time to hire a porfessional?

    Or possibly a poorfessional?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan