DataBind() alternative?

Dunc

Has anyone come across a way to bind simple properties (e.g. <%#
DateTime.Now.Year %>, <%# UserName %> in the underlying HTML) without
doing a general DataBind(); call?

Not only does it seem a massive waste of resources, I find this call
extremely annoying, particularly when working with Master pages where
inevitably I'll end up wiping out any manually build controls such as
added options to dropdowns.

It would be great if there was a Page.DataBind(false); that didn't
re-
bind children controls!

Thanks in advance!

Masudur

Has anyone come across a way to bind simple properties (e.g. <%#
DateTime.Now.Year %>, <%# UserName %> in the underlying HTML) without
doing a general DataBind(); call?

Not only does it seem a massive waste of resources, I find this call
extremely annoying, particularly when working with Master pages where
inevitably I'll end up wiping out any manually build controls such as
added options to dropdowns.

It would be great if there was a Page.DataBind(false); that didn't
re-
bind children controls!

Thanks in advance!

Hi... if you what to use <%# .... %> databinding constract in html..
i am afraid you must got to call databind method...
well if you are consern about pertial databinding just call the
controls databind method..

for instance you you have 5 grid. and you what to refresh just 4th...
dont call page.databind....
call grid4.databind()... some thing like that

Thanks
Masudur
http://munnacs.110mb.com