DataBind OnSelecting and ReInit Page variables

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by edoardo.pistoletti@gmail.com, Aug 27, 2008.

    I have a problem with page private variables (but it also arises with
    controls in the page).
    The page is a Search Page with 2 textboxes and a search button with a
    repeater to show
    the results.
    The repeater is bound on an objectDataSource.
    On the OnClick event handler I set an Int32 variable inside the page
    then I call the DataBind
    on the repeater.
    The strange thing is when I step into the OnSelecting handler of the
    objectDataSource.
    I need the Integer value to pass as an InputParameter to the
    SelectMethod and the value
    is always 0... It seems like the Page object is reinitialized.
    Then, If I step into a subsequent event handler, as PageUnload, the
    variable has the correct
    value...
    Can someone help me to discover how it can happen ?

    Thanks a lot,
    Edoardo
    , Aug 27, 2008