    Regards
    Kieron

    Howling Software Ltd.

    kieron, Dec 11, 2003

  2. kieron

    Scott Guest

    Kieron,

    I am working through similar issues and have posted some topics on this
    forum recently, so I will be watching this string for tips on what I am
    doing as well.

    I have been reading on this topic full time since Monday and I found the
    following helpful, although not complete in answering my questions. Maybe
    they will help you:

    http://www.asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx (look at the "Authoring Custom
    Controls" section)

    l/cpcondevelopingtemplateddataboundcontrol.asp?frame=true (I found this
    unusually confusing for an article that starts off: "it is easy to bind a
    property of a control...." ha ha ha. It appears to be more definative, but
    I found it hard to follow.)

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319626&Product=vsnet
    (I liked this one. Simple and I was able to get it to work... I am
    currently working off of this model for my project, but it doesn't bind to
    the database)

    I wish there was an 'easy-to-follow' explaination on how to do this. If you
    find any good links let me know.

    Scott

    "kieron . software.com>"
    <kieron-%nospamstillnomorespame__lanning@howling<nomorespamformethank.you<<>
    wrote in message news:#GkpIV#...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've written a control that consists of a few textboxes, a dropdown box

    and
    > two radiobuttons. They make up the details of a contact, I want to be able
    > to bind a datasource such as a dataset or datareader to it and be able to
    > update/ add records. This control will serve as a detail control within a
    > master/ detail page and as the main control on another. Could someone

    please

    Scott, Dec 11, 2003

  3. kieron

    kieron Guest

    Hi,

    thanks for the reply, just looking through them now. If i find anything
    useful i'll post back to the group.

    Kieron

    kieron, Dec 13, 2003