DataBinding

Guest

I am wanting to make the text value of one control the text value of another
control and I want to do this in the HTML code rather in the code behind.

I have tried the following:

<asp:TextBox ID="txtACF2ID" runat="server" MaxLength="8" Text="<%
=txtACFIIID.Text %>"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:TextBox ID="txtACF2ID" runat="server" MaxLength="8" Text="'<%
=txtACFIIID.Text %>'></asp:TextBox>

I tried without the " or ' but I get an error that "server tags cannot
contain <%... %>

So can this be done in the HTML code?

Guest

Hi,

That would work if you were using an input text box without making it a
server control ( not adding the runat="server" attribute).

But if you plan to use a server text box then you need to add a script tag
right below your asp:textbox.

<asp:TextBox ID="txtACF2ID" runat="server" MaxLength="8" ></asp:TextBox>
<script type="text/javascript">

document.getElementById("txtACF2ID").value =
document.getElementById("txtACFIIID").value;

</script>

The script tag would set the text property of the asp:textbox as soon as the
control is loaded. But then if the value of the txtACFIIID text box is
changed, the same change will not reflect in the txtACF2ID textbox. But that
again has to be handled in the script.

I hope this helps..

-Parvathy Padmanabhan