Datagrid and IE Control Toolbar Composite Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by King Kong, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. King Kong

    King Kong Guest

    i have a datagrid and toolbar and have integrated them in my composite
    control(inherited datagrid)
    toolbar items are shown as for e.g
    <HeaderToolBarItems>
    <iewc:ToolbarButton Text="werwer"></iewc:ToolbarButton>
    <iewc:ToolbarButton Text="werwer"></iewc:ToolbarButton>
    <iewc:ToolbarButton Text="werwer"></iewc:ToolbarButton>
    <iewc:ToolbarButton Text="werwer"></iewc:ToolbarButton>
    <iewc:ToolbarButton Text="werwer"></iewc:ToolbarButton>
    <iewc:ToolbarButton Text="werwer"></iewc:ToolbarButton>
    </HeaderToolBarItems>

    We expect to get the button's click event, in the
    parent control but we cant. Infact if the toolbar is used as a seperate
    control the buttons do post back on the page and raises the event but when
    the same toolbar is used in a Control which derives from datagrid, the click
    of the buttons do nothing. Even the page is not posted back. We've tried
    Autopostback=true, it did'nt help. We tried
    ToolBarButton.Attributes.Add(''onButtonClick','myHandler') on each button
    when rendering the toolbar but then it tries to look for the implementation
    of the function myHandler on the client side.

    Now i want to get the toolbar click event that i m not able to trigger from
    the code i want to give developers facility to trigger event in aspx file if
    they click this toolbar
    all controls are been rendered here toolbar and datagrid both
    Any Ideas how to have event from this kinda composite control. i can overide
    all type of datagrid events but not my IE toolbar

    Please people any and all the help will be highly appreciated.

    Regards
    Moid Iqbal

    King Kong, Dec 20, 2004