Datagrid Databind Timeout Expired

Thomas John Youngquist

Can anyone give me a clue on why I may be getting
a "Timeout Expired" message on a datagrid.Databind()
operation? I am using a SQLConnection and SQLCommand to
do a query on some tables and return the results. The
command has a Timeout value of 0. It works some times but
when the results have a large number of records it seems
to give me the following:

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to
completion of the operation or the server is not
responding.

This happens within about 3 seconds of issuing
the "Postback". Any ideas? Is there a limit to the
number of rows which can be databound? Thanks in advance.
Tom Youngquist
(e-mail address removed)