datagrid header formatting

Amadelle

I am using datagrid with templatecolumns.
for the life of me I can't figure out how to make the header row a different color than the rest of the tbl. in the datagrid. Ok let me rephrase that. I know how to set the header style background to a different color no problem, but the cellspacing between the columns shows the background of the whole table (datagrid) which makes the header column color not a solid consistant color.

So can anybody guide me as to how to change the whole background color for the first row of a table?

This is not doing it HeaderStyle-BackColor="#D0D0D0", regardless of where I define it

Thanks in advance for your help,

Amadelle

Eliyahu Goldin

Amadelle,

What about setting cellspacing to 0 and using padding in styles for separating columns?

Eliyahu
I am using datagrid with templatecolumns.
for the life of me I can't figure out how to make the header row a different color than the rest of the tbl. in the datagrid. Ok let me rephrase that. I know how to set the header style background to a different color no problem, but the cellspacing between the columns shows the background of the whole table (datagrid) which makes the header column color not a solid consistant color.

So can anybody guide me as to how to change the whole background color for the first row of a table?

This is not doing it HeaderStyle-BackColor="#D0D0D0", regardless of where I define it

Thanks in advance for your help,

Amadelle

Trevor Benedict R

Why not use a Style Sheet and set the border-left-color,
border-top-color etc to the same color as the background color and use
the css class instead for the header.

Best Regards,

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD