datagrid not visible when databind() on editcommand

Guest

j9 (Programmer) Feb 15, 2005
I have a datagrid with an arraylist as the datasource. I added an Edit,
Update, Cancel button column and coded the EditCommand event handler. When I
click on the Edit button, the datagrid disappears. Have I lost my datasource
during postbacks or something? Here's my code:

if(!Page.IsPostBack)
{
PopulateForm();

private void PopulateForm()
{
dgReferences.DataSource = mySOP.Refs;//(mySOP.Refs is an arraylist)
dgReferences.DataKeyField = "RefID";
dgReferences.DataBind();
}

private void dgReferences_EditCommand(object source,
dgReferences.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex;
dgReferences.DataBind();

Elton Wang

It should be

private void dgReferences_EditCommand(object source,
dgReferences.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex;
PopulateForm();
}

HTH,

Elton Wang