datagrid paging

dodgeyb

I'm using the datagrid control, and if I bind it to an sqldata adapter
which returns more records than is specified in the PageSize attribute
of the datagrid it gives runtime error:

"Control 'dgTemplate_ctl14_ctl01' of type 'DataGridLinkButton' must be
placed inside a form tag with runat=server"

If I take out the attributes ; AllowPaging="true" PageSize="10", then
it works fine.
If I ensure the recordset returns 10 records or less it works, if it
returns >10 it crashes.

It just doesn't seem to be paging properly.

I'm using datagrids on other pages fine with no probs at all, &
similar code.
Anyone shed any light ?

Cheers
Chris

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Post the tags from the ASPX page. I have a clue, but the tags will give me a
better idea.

dodgeyb

Thanks Gregory, was about to post, then I noticed I hadn't done
exactly what it was telling me; no form tag !

Added and all working now!

thanks for the pointer !
rgds
Chris